Rodent Infestation in your home can’t only be annoying but can also lead to various types of diseases such as rabies as well as devaluing your home through structural damages. The following is an overview of some of the most common home invasion rodents to help you determine what you are dealing with, then take the appropriate measures to eliminate the population.
Here is a list of common rodents you could find in your home:
- Mice- One of the more common rodents you’ll find in a home. They have a high breeding rate and can be very damaging to the structure of your house
- Roof rats- Reproduces 4-6 times a year and can quickly spread disease. They will shack up in your home for the warmth and food, so make sure you keep your kitchen clean.
- Norway rat- Smaller than the roof rat, but just as hazardous. They like your basement and will chew through anything in their way.
- Squirrels- These tree-dwelling rodents are popular in Florida and will gnaw through entire walls to get to the warmth and safety of your home. They usually like to take up residence in your attic, since it’s full of great nesting material.
How to Detect Them
Since it’s difficult for you to observe a rodent in plain sight unless your home is under heavy infestation, here are some of the signs of rodent infestation:
- Droppings near food packages, in cupboards or drawers
- Nesting material, for instance, shredded paper or furniture stuffing
- Holes in food packaging
- Gnawed walls, floors or furniture
- Stale smells in hidden spots
- Squeaks and other noises in the attic
The Rodent Removers
If you are experiencing a heavy rodent infestation, it is recommended that you seek a pest control professional for a consultation. Critter Control® West Palm Beach not only specializes in rodent removal and prevention but we also clean and repair damage caused by rodents. And we can help keep those pesky rodents out by sealing any entrance or exit points. Call us today at 561-274-0224 for a free consultation.