Although cute and fluffy mice can make great pets for kids, you should never allow wild mice to live in your home. Mice can enter your home easily and undetected, as they can fit into holes and cracks 1/4th an inch wide. The longer mice stay in your home, the more at-risk you are for spreading diseases and needing expensive repairs done due to damages. Since mice are extremely aware of their surroundings, DIY traps don’t often work. Mice, like most rodents, have an acute sense of smell and can tell when humans have touched a new object in their environment. If your traps do work, you should still hire a professional to properly remove the rodents from your home. Trust the experts at Critter Control® West Palm Beach to remove any mice, living or dead, from your home.
Dangers of Mice
Since mice can be rather quiet tenants, it’s hard to tell when they actually invade your home. This means that a small family of mice can quickly turn into a large infestation if they are left alone long enough. And since your home has everything they could ever want (food, water, warmth, shelter) mice will never leave on their own. While living in your home, mice can inflict damages like:
- Ruining your food supplies by contaminating it
- Tracking germs and bacteria throughout your home, increasing the likelihood of spreading disease
- Ripping out insulation for nesting material, driving up heating and cooling costs
- Damaging the infrastructure of your home by chewing through walls and wiring, creating fire hazards
- Staining walls and ceilings from their urine and feces soaking through insulation
How We’ll Help
At Critter Control® West Palm, we have years of experience with mice, which means we know exactly how to get them out of your home in the quickest and safest way. Not to mention, we’ll even clean up after any of the messes they may have left. To learn more about the services we can offer you, or to set up your free consultation, call us today at 561-274-0224.